Beet Sweet Potato Mash with Thyme
Preparation Time: 20min
Cooking Time: 75 mins
Serves: 4 - 6
What you'll need:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, roasted
- 1 8.8-ounce package of Love Beets Cooked Beets
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- Salted butter for serving
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Wash and pat dry the sweet potatoes. Poke each potato several times with a fork and wrap in foil.
- Roast the sweet potatoes in the over for 60-90 minutes (depending on the thickness of the potatoes). They should be very soft and tender.
- Once they are cool enough to handle, unwrap the potatoes and peel off the skin. Add the potato flesh along with the remaining ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. When ready to serve, heat the mash on the stove top until hot. Serve with a dollop of butter alongside your favorite main dish.