Maple Ginger Cranberry Beet Sauce
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serves: 12 - 16
What you'll need:
- 16 ounces frozen cranberries
- 1 cup unsweetened apple cider (or water)
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets cooked beets, finely chopped
What to do:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat all of the ingredients except for the chopped beets over medium-high. Bring mixture to a full boil, then reduce the heat slightly.
- Allow the mixture to continue to cook at a controlled boil, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped beets and continue to cook for 15 minutes until the cranberry sauce has thickened.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and allow cranberry sauce to cool at least 20 minutes before transferring it to a large sealable container. Refrigerate until ready to use.
NOTE: Sauce may be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.