Beet, Salmon, Dill & Creme Fraiche Tarts
Preparation Time: 15 - 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Serves: 4 as a light lunch or 8 as a party appetiser
What you'll need:
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2 packs Cooked Beets, drained
- 350g cooked salmon (or hot smoked salmon fillets)
- 3 tbsp full fat créme fraiche
- Small bunch of dill chopped
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 428°F.
- Unroll the sheet of pastry and cut into 4 equal rectangles. If you want to make smaller tarts for a party buffet, cut into 8 rectangles. Arrange on a baking sheet, leaving a little room around each, and score a fine line 5mm in from the edge all around each piece of pastry, creating a border.
- Slice the beets into narrow wedges. Flake the salmon into bite sized pieces. Arrange the beets and salmon onto the pastry, keeping within the border.
- In a small bowl, mix together the creme fraiche and dill and season with a little salt and pepper. Spoon a little onto the centre of each tart.
- Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. Small tarts will take a little less time.