Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Beets and Basil Aioli
Preparation Time: 10mins
Cooking Time: 10mins
What you'll need:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- A pinch of sea salt
- 8 thick slices of bread
- 120g goat cheese
- 1 x 250g pack Love Beets beetroot, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 2 handfuls watercress (or microgreens of choice!)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the basil aioli in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the slices of bread on a baking tray and bake until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes).
- Flip the bread and spread the goat cheese over each piece. Compile 4 grilled cheese sandwiches by adding desired amount of sliced beets and watercress to a slice of bread and topping it with another slice of bread.
- Place the sandwiches back in the oven until warmed through (about 3 minutes).
- Remove sandwiches from oven and place on plates. Carefully lift the top slice off of each sandwich and drizzle basil aioli inside. Replace top slice and cut the sandwiches in half to serve.