Beets & Greens Egg Salad Sammie
Preparation Time: 20 Mins
Cooking Time: 10 min
Serves: 3 - 4
What you'll need:
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 sage leaves, finely chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- Multi-grain bread
- 1 (8.8 ounce) package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, sliced
- 1 large, ripe avocado, sliced
What to do:
- Add the eggs to a saucepan and cover with a couple inches of water. Cover and bring to a full boil on the stove top. Reduce heat slightly but keep at a full boil for 8-10 minutes. While eggs are cooking, prepare an ice bath by adding ice and cold water to a large bowl. Once finished cooking, transfer eggs using a slotted spoon to the ice bath. Allow eggs to chill for 10-15 minutes, until completely cold. Add more ice if necessary.
- Peel and chop the eggs. Add the eggs to a mixing bowl along with all of the other ingredients. Stir everything together until creamy.
- Toast your favorite multi-grain bread and layer with desired amount of sliced beets, egg salad, avocado slices, and micro greens. Enjoy!