Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad
Preparation Time: 15min
Cooking Time: 35min
What you'll need:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooked as per packet instructions
- 1 x 250g pack Love Beets beetroot
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 cobs corn, husked, silks removed
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 2/3 cup fetta cheese, crumbled
- Cooking spray or olive oil
What to do:
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Once cooked, remove quinoa from heat, fluff with a fork, and leave covered.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and spray with oil. Lightly brush the zucchini, corn, and beets with olive oil (or spray with cooking spray). Grill all veggies, turning occasionally, until crispy and softened, about 10 minutes for the corn and 4-5 minutes for the beets, and 5-8 minutes for the zucchini.
- Transfer veggies to a cutting board. Remove the corn kernels from the husks using a sharp knife and chop the beets and zucchini into bite size pieces.
- Transfer the grilled vegetables, red onion, cooked quinoa, and fetta cheese to a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and sea salt. Pour this mixture over the quinoa and veggies and toss everything together well.
- Taste the salad for flavour and add more salt and lemon juice if desired.
- Serve salad alongside your favourite meal and enjoy!