Beet, Broccoli & Toasted Seed Salad with Lemon Dressing
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 5 min
What you'll need:
For the Salad
- 200g broccoli, stems cut in half
- 80g mixed seeds (e.g. sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 250g cooked beets, cut into wedges
- Small bunch fresh chives, snipped
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice 1/2-1 lemon, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper and sea salt
What to do:
- Make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil and lemon juice to taste. Season with freshly ground pepper and sea salt. Set aside.
- Steam or boil the broccoli for 3-4 minutes until just tender but with a little bit.
- While the broccoli is cooking, toast the seeds by tipping them into a small frying pan. Add soy sauce and cook over medium heat, tossing regularly to coat all over, for about 3 minutes until the seeds are crisp and golden. Take care not to burn them or they will taste bitter.
- Arrange the cooked broccoli and beet wedges on your prettiest plate, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle the toasted seeds. Serve immediately.