Tzimmnes with Beets & Roasted Coconut
Preparation Time: 20 min (2 hours inactive chill time)
Cooking Time: 50 mins
What you'll need:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 3/4 inch chunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 8.8 ounce package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, chopped into chunks
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 13″ by 9″ baking dish with coconut oil.
- Add the chopped sweet potato, carrots, cranberries, and apricots to the greased casserole dish.
- Add the orange juice, honey, ground cinnamon, and sea salt to a small blender and blend until smooth (or whisk in a bowl until well-combined).
- Pour mixture over the vegetables and bake, covered , for 30 to 40 minutes, or until vegetables are soft but still al dente.
- Stir in the chopped cooked beets and chunks of butter.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut on top and bank for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the coconut is toasted and vegetables are cooked through.