Sweetfire Beet Tabbouleh
Preparation Time: 15 mins + 30 min resting time
Cooking Time: 4 mins
What you'll need:
- 100g bulgur wheat
- 2 packs of Sweetfire beets, cut into wedges
- 200 g radishes, trimmed & quartered
- 2 large bunches flat leaf parsley
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2-1 lemon, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp baharat spice blend
- 2 packs of halloumi cheese, but into 1cm slices
- a drizzle of olive oil to cook
What to do:
- Add the bulgur wheat to the heat proof bowl and pour in enough freshly boiled water to cover. Cover with a tea towel or cling film and set aside for ten minutes. Drain and rinse well under cold running water. Set aside in a sieve and hung over a bowl to ensure it drains completely.
- Add the beets and radishes to mixing bowl. Finely chop all the parsley, discarding the thick stalks but including thinner ones, and add to the bowl. Pick the mint leaves, discarding the stalks, and finely chop. Add to the bowl along with the shallot.
- Add the drained bulgur wheat and baharat spice and stir everything together. Finally, add the olive oil and lemon juice to taste, seasoning with salt and black pepper. Set aside for 30 minutes and allow the flavors to marinade.
- Preheat a griddle pan to smoking hot. Drizzle a little oil over the cheese then griddle for a couple of minutes on each side until crisp.
- Give a final stir and spoon into a serving dish. Top with the halloumi and serve immediately.