Sweetfire Beet & Potato Mash with Steak
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
What you'll need:
- 400g mashing potatoes
- 4 Sweetfire beets
- 2 fillet steaks
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Creme Fraiche
- Salt and Pepper
What to do:
- Peel the potatoes and cut each into 8th. Put them into a large pan of salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes cook, chop the beets into quarters and season the steaks.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and when it is very hot cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side (longer if you want them well done). When the steaks are cooked to you liking, put them on a warm plate and set aside to rest.
- Once the potatoes are just tender, add the beets to the water and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Drain the water away and add the creme fraiche to the pan. Mash everything together well until you have a smooth pink mash. Season to taste.
- Slice the steak and serve with a dollop of mash and the steamed broccoli.