Slender Seven's Red Beet Burgers
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 6 Mins
Serves: 5 - 6
What you'll need:
- 1 package of Cooked Beets (about 5 beets)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup onion
- goat cheese
What to do:
- Combine the beets, walnuts, 1 cup oats, egg and onion in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the remaining 1/2 cup coats plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat then lightly coat the bottom with nonstick cooking spray.
- Form the beet mixture into 5-6 patties, then place on the hot skillet. Cook the beet burgers on medium heat for 6 minutes, flipping every 2 minutes until the middle is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, top with goat cheese and arugula.
*Check out more of Slender Seven’s easy and healthy recipes here!