Grilled Salmon with Beet & Cherry Chutney
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
What you'll need:
- 1 1/2 pound salmon fillet, cut into four fillets
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the Beet & Cherry Chutney
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup raisins (or chopped dried apricots)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea sat
- 1 8.8 ounce package Love Beets Cooked Beets, halved
What to do:
- Add all ingredients for the chutney except for the beets to a saucepan and heat over medium, covered.
- Bring mixture to a full boil, reduce heat to a simmer and allow chutney to cook covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the grill to medium-heat and spray it with oil. Chop the beets in half and lightly brush or coat with cooking oil. Grill the beets for 5 minutes, turning once or twice, until charred and hot.
- Transfer beets to a cutting board and chop them into bite sizes once they’re cool enough to handle. Add grilled beets to the chutney and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Lightly brush and spray salmon fillets with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place salmon on the grill skin-size down and replace grill cover, leaving salmon undisturbed for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked.
- Gently flip salmon and cooked 1 to 2 minutes or until charred grill marks appear. Salmon is fully cooked when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Serve salmon with desired amount go grilled beet & cherry chutney on top and grilled asparagus.