Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Skewers
Preparation Time: 30min
Cooking Time: 10min
What you'll need:
- 1 x 250g pack Love Beets Beetroot, chopped into sixths
- 500g skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1 to 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large capsicum (any colour) cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
- 1/2 red onion, chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
- Cooking spray
- Pinch Cajun seasoning
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Barbecue sauce for serving
What to do:
- Heat the grill to medium-high and spray with oil.
- Thread chicken, vegetables, and pineapple onto skewers, alternating ingredients.
- Lightly brush the skewers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, cajun seasoning, and black pepper.
- Place skewers on the hot grill and cover. Allow skewers to cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until crispy on one side. Use tongs to flip skewers and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until chicken reaches 75°C in the centre.
- Place skewers on a plate, brush with barbecue sauce and serve.