Blueberry & Beet Oatmeal with Chopped Walnuts
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Serves: 4 - 6
What you'll need:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (plus more for serving)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 3 to 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup (to taste)
- Pinch salt
- 2 large Love Beets cooked beets, chopped
What to do:
- Add the water to a medium-sized pot and bring to a full boil. Add the rolled oats and cinnamon.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all water is absorbed.
In a separate pot, add the blueberries, maple syrup, and salt. Cover the pot and place on the stove over medium heat.
- Bring this mixture to a full boil. Uncover, and allow blueberries to cook until soft and the juice around the blueberries is thick (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add the chopped beets and continue cooking just until beets are hot.
- Add desired amount of oatmeal and blueberry-beet sauce to bowls. Serve with plain yogurt, almond milk, and chopped walnuts.